Author Topic: Lysty Junior social ride helpers  (Read 225 times)

Offline Plankosaurus

• LDTR Committee
Lysty Junior social ride helpers
« on: January 27, 2020, 06:41:22 PM »
Hey all,

I'm just starting a thread so we can have discussions without firing a million emails all over the place.
This thread is for non-committee members to put their hands up to assist with the LDTR junior rides (hopefully we get a snazzy new name soon...)

If you'd like to be put on the helper list, please let us know below and we'll start including you in the organizing of these rides. Remember that there is no pressure to show up to all of these, we're just looking to expand the assistance base outside of the committee because these rides are filling up with eager faces and we want to make sure we have enough volunteers to keep them running.

Let us know:
* how you'd like to help (ride leader/sweep, general ride helper, organizing, feeding the hoardes, anything else i havn't thought of)
* How competant a rider you are and how well you know lysterfield
* If you have First Aid training (current or elapsed)
* If you have a current working with childrens check
* How you'd like us to contact you
* anything else you think is relevant

You can also email me at dale@wirski.com if you need to for whatever reason too.

Thanks!

Dale

Offline Plankosaurus

• LDTR Committee
Re: Lysty Junior social ride helpers
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2020, 06:41:53 PM »
and just to open this up to everyone too...

We’ve been throwing around some ideas for naming the juniors group, hopefully give more of a sense of belonging or ownership (but more so we can have cool jerseys like the lysty chicks do)
We can possibly make it two groups, separating teens from the kids. Or we can keep it simple and just call it one thing for all.
Names thrown around so far are: Gravel Grommets – Trail Teens – Trail Terrors – Trail Tearers. We cant use sprocket rockets, dirt squirts, or mini mudders because they’ve already been taken. Chuck some ideas into the mix :D

And what do we think of possibly opening it up to the kids to design a jersey? Or even just a logo to put on a jersey?

Want to race at Lysterfield? Checkout the racing area!