Author Topic: One Way Trails - Blue rated  (Read 476 times)

Offline Nate

• LDTR Committee
One Way Trails - Blue rated
« on: August 16, 2019, 12:19:48 PM »
Please be aware that Blue Rated trails will be moving to one way as of September 1.

This decision has been made in conjunction with Parks Victoria after a survey which was sent out to LDTR Members earlier in the year.

More info at:
https://parkweb.vic.gov.au/explore/parks/lysterfield-park

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline Munsell

Re: One Way Trails - Blue rated
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2019, 12:50:49 AM »
I'm guessing people asked for this change?

Offline Nate

• LDTR Committee
Re: One Way Trails - Blue rated
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2019, 06:37:23 AM »
I'm guessing people asked for this change?
Hey Munsell,

That is correct. There has been info on our facwbook page and via our email newsletters in past months.

A big advocacy email was sent out on the 13th of July. If you'd like a copy of this, please let me know.

A copy paste about One way trails from that email is below for you.

Cheers,
Nate.

"One Way Trails – Survey Results
A few months ago we asked our database to complete a survey on changing our trail network to a one-way trail system (for blue and above trails, green to stay two way).

Over 80% of you agreed this change would make the network safer overall. And over 92% of you wanted to see more challenging features on the trails once they are changed to single direction.

This change is intended to improve on the user experience and improve on safety and given that over 60% of you have either had an accident or near miss with an oncoming rider in the park this will certainly have the desired result.

We expect the roll out of one way trails to start in Spring 2019 so please be on the look out for new signage on the ground."

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Want to race at Lysterfield? Checkout the racing area!