Author Topic: Trial Build/Maintenance Day – State MTB Course Descent  (Read 214 times)

Offline praveensm27

• LDTR Committee
Trial Build/Maintenance Day – State MTB Course Descent
« on: February 02, 2019, 08:57:58 PM »
DATE & TIME: Saturday 9th of February 8:30am

Online registration will be open soon. We highly encourage you to sign in online. However, you are more than welcome to turn up on the day and sign in there.

MEETING POINT:

Parks VIC Deport (Just above the Skill Park) 13 Reservoir Road, Narre Warren North.

WORKS:

We will be working on the State Mountain Bike Course descent to repair the existing berms and improve the drainage around this area.

BRING:

Water, food, shovel (If you prefer your own shovel), good shoes (preferably steel capped) and appropriate clothing for weather.

Please let us know if you are attending by replying on this forum thread, so we can organise tools and food etc.

If you have any question, please ask away.

BBQ and cold drinks will be provided for free to volunteers at the end of the build.

BYO food if you have a special food requirement

Builds usually run for 4-6 hours and if you want to leave early or arrive late on that day, please message me on this forum or contact us via our form at www.lysterfieldmtb.com.

Hope to see you there.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline praveensm27

• LDTR Committee

Offline Nate

• LDTR Committee
Re: Trial Build/Maintenance Day – State MTB Course Descent
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 08:19:27 AM »
A massive thanks to the champions who helped out and gave up their time on our build yesterday.

Photos can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/pg/Lysterfieldmtb/photos/?tab=album&album_id=2070838792953304

We had 6 volunteers which contributed to  36 volunteer hours.

Works were carried on the top left hand switchback of Commonwealth Games Track.

Re-armoring of the corner was carried out and large logs were used to create the ride line.

Several reverse grade drains were created on the top of the climb.

Ruts were filled in to minimise the further erosion.

Our next trail build is going to be on Sunday 3rd March, and we are aiming to work on the all the berms of the Commonwealth Games Track descent.

Pictures thanks to Praveen, whose phone suffered from the rain halfway through the build.
LDTR Social Media & IT

Offline CKaos

• LDTR Committee
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2019, 02:17:08 PM »
Thanks Nate,

Those that plan and prepare for a trail build day are often left wondering until the last moment who will turn up and what the available resource will allow us to get done. The individuals that put in this work behind the scenes are not always LDTR committee members, but that is normally the case. The planned work needs to be adjusted on the fly to the numbers and skill set of those that turn up and to the other challenges that arise on the day. We are all volunteers, giving up our time to do a job that we see is more important than whatever else it was we may have done for that day.

Often by the time we get to packing up, we've all had a long day and have other places to be. So if it doesn't get said at the time - every effort of every volunteer is always appreciated personally by the organisers, and hopefully, by the greater riding community.

I say this today because every now and then we have a new crew member that makes the hard work that little bit more worth while. Often these inspirational individuals are younger people that have already moved heaven and earth, just to get to the build, and have a journey ahead of them to return home that isn't over until well after I'm home with the feet up and a beverage in my hand. So, Ben, you aren't the 1st person that has inspired me with your efforts and attitude to get to and participate in a build - but I was sorry that I missed having the opportunity to thank you properly before you had to head off. 

Thanks to everyone that contributes to our regular builds and to those that offer words of encouragement to lift us a little, as they ride past on their chosen event for the day. After all, that's why we dig the trails, so that everyone can enjoy riding them.

LDTR Trail Build Committee
Craig

Offline Uphillcursing

• LDTR Committee
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 06:53:26 PM »
So true, all those who ride at Lysterfield owe the builders a huge dept of gratitude. Without you guys and girls giving of your time and sweat the riding world in Melbourne would be a much poorer place.

Bravo one and all.

Want to race at Lysterfield? Checkout the racing area!