Author Topic: New Member  (Read 18 times)

Offline Pontiac

« on: January 14, 2019, 03:41:08 PM »
Afternoon all,

I am a 50 yr old that has waited far too long to start riding. New to the sport and to the area. I have ridden the You Yangs a handful of times, however never been around Lysterfield, which I hope to rectify this weekend.

Cheers
Dave

Offline CKaos

Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 12:40:05 PM »
Hi Dave,

The main loop is suitable for most skill levels and covers a little under 15k with 250m of climbing. It is still 2 way other than the Dog Pound section, most ride it in an anti CW direction.

The comm games track can be added to the loop (minus the start if you are riding ACW) and it is more challenging and one way. There are a few sections of this track that you may need to walk through a corner or check out the best line prior to tacking on the rocks. The main rock garden can be bypassed easily, but is there as a challenge if that's what you're after.

There is also Aneurysm, Follow Me and associated trails, Scealeys (not marked on ride maps) and Granite link (steep and rocky) if you like more feature and challenge.

Have fun, pop along to a trail build or Tuesday night social and meet a few of the club members.

Want to race at Lysterfield? Checkout the racing area!