Author Topic:  (Read 204 times)

Offline praveensm27

• LDTR Committee
« on: November 19, 2018, 09:10:52 PM »
DATE & TIME: Saturday 1st of December and Sunday 2nd of December 8:30am

Please see below for the online registration link. We highly encourage you to sign in online. However, you are more than welcome to turn up on the day and sign in there.

https://www.parkconnect.vic.gov.au/Volunteer/public-planned-activity/?id=a43547f1-b6e8-e811-a140-0003ff6f80b0

MEETING POINT:

Parks VIC Deport (Just above the Skill Park) 13 Reservoir Road, Narre Warren North.

WORKS:

We will be working on the State Mountain Bike Course to re-build features on the climb. All the corners will be armored with rock and drainage will be improved

BRING:

Water, food, shovel (If you prefer your own shovel), good shoes (preferably steel capped) and appropriate clothing for weather.

Please let us know if you are attending by replying on this forum thread, so we can organise tools and food etc.

If you have any question, please ask away.

BBQ and cold drinks will be provided for free to volunteers at the end of the build.

BYO food if you have a special food requirement

Builds usually run for 4-6 hours and if you want to leave early or arrive late on that day, please message me on this forum or contact us via our form at www.lysterfieldmtb.com.

Hope to see you there.

Cheers.
Praveen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline praveensm27

• LDTR Committee
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 12:19:56 PM »
Online registration links

Day 1: Saturday 1st of December

https://www.parkconnect.vic.gov.au/Volunteer/public-planned-activity/?id=a43547f1-b6e8-e811-a140-0003ff6f80b0

Day 2: Sunday 2nd of December

https://www.parkconnect.vic.gov.au/Volunteer/public-planned-activity/?id=fc403507-00ee-e811-a140-0003ff6f80b0

[/quote]

Offline blue bouncy thing

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2018, 08:25:08 AM »
Hi guys,

I have finally been able to get to a build day. I have signed up on the Park connect website for Sunday just replying here as well.

See you for the first time Sunday

Cheers

Andrew

Offline Brossie (Tim)

• LDTR Committee
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2018, 10:12:16 AM »
Keep Rollin' Rollin' Rollin.

Offline Nate

• LDTR Committee
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2018, 03:29:08 PM »
Tomorrows build will run from 8:30am to 12pm! And the weather will be a lot cooler

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

LDTR Social Media & Head Trail Builder

Offline Nate

• LDTR Committee
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2018, 05:42:45 PM »
Wowee! 164 TOTAL VOLUNTEER HOURS OF BUILDING. That was a crazy weekend of building at Lysty by our extraordinary volunteers.
The amount of planning, effort and dedication put into this weekend's build is phenomenal and you will definitely notice the differences when you ride up the climb next time round.

We had 14 volunteers on Saturday and 13 volunteers on Sunday, contributing to 112 hours on Saturday and 52 hours on Sunday.

What was done:

Switchback corners rebuilt from bottom to top, with existing armouring removed and new armouring added. An A-line and B-line step up were added to one of these corners.
  Large erosion ruts causing damage further down the track fixed.
Drainage routes created before hitting each switchback.
Large granite rocks added before drainage pipes to help guide away water/stop tyre kick-out and to cover the pipes from trail surface.
Rolling grade dips added for water guidance off track.
Corralling done to block off track widening and b-lines being formed.
  Landing of jump from top near trig point has been resurfaced to stop erosion of wheels landing on roots and water has been guided off the track instead of running down it.
Drainage along the whole section.

To everyone who helped out, thank you so much for your hard efforts. You're all legends! We have some awesome stuff planned for next year and can't wait to see you all back building again soon.

ALL PICS HERE:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1973017122735472&id=173113672725835

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

LDTR Social Media & Head Trail Builder

Want to race at Lysterfield? Checkout the racing area!