Author Topic: Well thought out and helpful suggestions  (Read 2114 times)

Offline Brossie (Tim)

• LDTR Committee
Well thought out and helpful suggestions
« on: October 25, 2012, 09:56:07 PM »
All good Matt, at least you are a club member. You are supporting the trail builds right there. (Make sure you check out the new LDTR T-shirt in the 'For sale' thread).

Please let us know of any ideas you have to make the park more flowing in sections. Andy, Ra, Oli, Dave etc, have done an incredible job with the trail designs. But fresh, well thought out ideas can really help us cater for most riders.

I was just saying last week that I miss that little log drop on Blair (where the IMBA or WT trail now switches back), but I never ride that direction any more. Hug from the Hallam car park, right through to the start of Blair is sensational at the moment. Hit that with fresh legs (if you park at Hallam Rd car park) and you can't get the smile off with a jack hammer. The crew have put in some awesome little kickers, the log drop and berm just before the board walk. Hug just keeps evolving and getting better.

Like I said, keep the good ideas coming though.

Cheers
Keep Rollin' Rollin' Rollin.

Offline Brossie (Tim)

• LDTR Committee
Re: Well thought out and helpful suggestions
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 09:58:16 PM »
Above is my reply to Matts thoughts below:

Matt:
OK, I am putting myself up for flaming here (because even though I am a club member I don't attend trail builds), but the open flowing nature of the video of 'Taken' in Canberra (see My Lysty Vids Thread) is exactly what Lysty needs more of.  An example is the run down buckle which used to be more fast flowing (I know it is/was not sustainable, and the new IMBA trail is killer) rather than the slow flowing with lots of tight corners and switchbacks that seems to dominate Lysty (and yes, I know it is not all like that and Follow Me is not like that).  I am just offering an observation that much of Lysty is tight and not always particularly flowing in design.  Now for the brown nosing to make up for my comment - I am still eternally grateful for all the trail building and just having somewhere to ride.

Offline Brossie (Tim)

• LDTR Committee
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 10:02:12 PM »
Here's the Vid that started the above discussion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy7cDKr3Nxw

Offline Oliver

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 05:40:24 AM »
Yes Sat builds are very hard for parents with Kids. Just to let all know we will be starting up Sunday builds next year.

Offline Matt

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 08:09:11 AM »
+1 on the old log drop on Blair.  I ride Hug and Blair both directions as they have excellent sections both ways.

I also miss the odd small log rollover that you could bunnyhop if you knew what you were doing.  Too many of them is a pain for flow, but the odd one would be good.

Offline Martin

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2012, 08:53:00 AM »
...and like any good movie producer, John is putting the best face on his subject - there is lots of slow, slogging, tight riding in Canberra. I could make a nice vid of Lystie that last 10 mins and makes it look like there is nothing other than fast DH's, flowing singletrack or cool technical climbs - that would put a good face on the place, but wouldn't make it any more of a true representation than a video of the run from the top of Stromlo back to the staging centre represents riding there  

We should arrange a club trip to Canberra so people can go and see ;D
Mountain bike instruction and coaching: www.dividingrangemtb.com.au

Offline Grant

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2012, 04:21:40 PM »
Yes Sat builds are very hard for parents with Kids. Just to let all know we will be starting up Sunday builds next year.

Great news.... well done committee  :)

Want to race at Lysterfield? Checkout the racing area!